- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lb chicken breast, cubed
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup broccoli
- ½ cup frozen spinach
- ½ cup frozen mushrooms
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tsp red chili flakes, optional
- 1 tbsp parsley, optional – for garnish
- Cook basmati rice according to package instructions.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, add olive oil and cook onions until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic and curry powder and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add chicken and cook until all sides begin to brown slightly.
- Add coconut milk and bring to a boil for about 10 minutes.
- In a separate pan, cook mushrooms and broccoli until the water that is released evaporates. This is optional, but doing so removes excess water from the final dish.
- Add broccoli, mushrooms and spinach into the wok with the coconut milk. Combine well and do a taste test. You may need to add more spices to your liking.
- Serve with 1 cup basmati rice.