- Immersion Blender
- 4 lb ripe tomatoes
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add diced onions, celery and garlic to a large pot with olive oil. Cook over medium heat until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes to the pot and cook until the tomatoes are soft and begin to fall apart. Also, about 10 minutes.
- To the pot, add chicken stock, bread crumbs, and chopped basil. Let this cook for an additional 10 minutes, then add salt and black pepper as needed.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the mixture until smooth. You can use a regular blender if you'd like, but allow the mixture to cool down a bit before blending. Hot liquids in glass is never a good idea.