- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 eggplant, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 13 oz chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp parsley or basil
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a pot just big enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Once hot, add the onions, eggplant, zucchini, peppers and garlic. Stir occasionally and let this cook for a few minutes until they begin to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a lid. Let this simmer for about 15 minutes until all the vegetables are fully cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add in chopped parsley or basil.