- 4 pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup blackberry preserves or jam
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Pat pork chops dry with a paper towel and season both sides with salt and black pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add in the pork chops. Cook until both sides are brown, about 4 minutes each side. Remove from pan and remove the pan from heat.
- Let the pan cool down for a few minutes, then add butter, balsamic vinegar, blackberry preserves, rosemary, and water. Put the pan over low heat.
- Whisk the ingredients together until the jam completely dissolves.
- Raise the heat to medium and allow the sauce to come to a simmer – bubbling gently, not yet boiling. After 4 minutes or so, it should be thick enough to coat a spoon. Give it a taste test and adjust flavors to your liking, may need more salt.
- Add the pork chops back to the pan and let it warm back up in the sauce. Serve with roasted potatoes or a vegetable medley.