- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ red onion
- 4 cups black beans
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add all of the ingredients, excluding the egg and breadcrumbs, to a processor. If you don't have a processor, you can simply mash everything with a fork and finely cut the onion and garlic. The mixture should be well blended, with only a few chunks in it.
- Add this mixture to a bowl and then mix in an egg and breadcrumbs. Once combined, the mixture should hold together once squeezed in your hand. If it sticks more to your hand and falls apart, add more breadcrumbs.
- Using your hands, form 6 patties.
- You can freeze these in plastic wrap to save for a later date. When you're ready to eat, defrost them in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Cook them in little bit of oil in a pan over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes each side. They should be slightly crisp on the outside. The patties should hold their shape while cooking, but be gentle when handling.